Sunday, December 16, 2007

Next Time

Next time we will not live for five in years in a house with UGLY, straight from the 70's vinyl flooring in the entry when all it took was 30 minutes to fix with peel and stick tiles. Next time we will not look at UGLY, scratched cabinets when it only took some sandpaper and a bit of stain to make it look brand new. Next time we will not wait for five years to refinish a bathtub, paint the exterior, or fix up the front garden. Next time we will know better..... lesson learned!!

Ok, so our house has been on the market for a little over a week and we had our first showing the other day. In fact I got the call about 30 minutes before I was due at MOPS. Both kids were still in PJs and unfed, the house was beyond cluttered, and I was in the middle of making food to take to my meeting. I literally went through the house in a flurry (insert Tasmanian devil here) and had it sparkling clean in about 20 minutes. By the time I got to my meeting (15 minutes late), I was sweaty, exhausted, and hauling two dazed kids with one hand while teetering the food in the other hand. It was all worth it though, the people loved the house and said it showed very well. No offers yet - so all you crazy kids that know you want a great 3 bed, 2 bath in the top ranked city of Schertz, you still have a chance to get a darling of a house :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Isn't selling a house just SO much fun??!! And yes, you do learn the lessons of what and what not to do! And showing a house...Oh my! That should be listed under a category titled, "EXTREME TORTURE". When we were in the process of selling our home in Coleman, we had to show it for about 8-9 months!! THAT is NOT fun when you have a fulltime job and two rambunctious boys! So, I can sympathize there!!