Notice anything different in this picture? (not the dead grass) Look closely. You might want to sit down for this one...... we pulled the plug on selling the house. The sign came out of our yard this morning. Ok,hang in there with me....let me share my heart on this and sort out all the details. Those of you just joining us on this blog need to know we have had our house on the market since December, had a buyer whom backed out recently, and we have rode the emotional roller coaster for far too long.
After the deal fell through and the shock wore off, my heart started to change concerning the sale of our house. A few weeks later I started to pray that God would shut the door on the whole thing. I just recently told Gabe about my prayer. Seems strange that I would pray something like that after the ordeal we have been through. But staying put and being more financially sound started to be much more appealing than a bigger more roomier home. Also, we have been very debt pay off minded thinking of going into a new and higher mortgage. I am happy to say that we are very close to paying all our debt off!!!!!! YIPEE!!
The stress of all of this has taken its toll on our family and we finally said,"Enough"!! It was a huge burden lifted when Gabe and I made the decision to take our house off the market. We are content with what God has given us and we will just have to be creative in solving our space issues.
So my "To-Do" list this week includes these words...... unpack!! Which strangely, I am looking forward to.
What good has come from all of this?!
*Making much needed improvements on our house
*Paying off our debt (well - almost, we are almost there!!)
*Learning to be patient
*Learning to be content with what God has given us
*Learning to submit our will to His
*Trusting God in Everything
*Experiencing the joy and peace of following God
So as you read this, don't feel sorry for us. Rejoice with us as we continue to seek God's will for our family. Rejoice with us that God is good and provides for our every need. Rejoice that God has taken us through this journey for a reason, many reasons. All of which have brought us into a closer relationship with Him. Praise God!
4 comments:
How Awesome to be still and listen for Gods voice in prayer. I'm excited for you guys to get debt free! We are right there with ya! Hopefully we can still come see you guys this summer and ride the REAL roller coaster.
I am glad that you have an answer prayer request that you are at peace with. I know it wasn't what you thought it would be when you decided to put your house up for sale, but it seems like this is the best decision for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.
Yeah! You still get to use the pool and the playground. Plus, you and Gabe get to work on projects together. You will have fun and God will bless your willing heart.
It sounds like you have made a very wise decision. I'm sorry things didn't work out like you'd hoped but am glad that you are happy about the final outcome. And I agree with Pat about the pool - your neighborhood sure has a nice one.
Post a Comment