As a family, we really enjoy doing things outdoors together. We decided to take one last camping trip as a family of 5 before little Benjamin is born. At the time of our camping trip I was 33 weeks pregnant. Crazy?! I thought so at first. Before the trip, I had started to wonder what I had gotten myself into. Who in their right mind would go tent camping this far along? But I was wrong, it turned out to be a delightfully relaxing weekend. So glad we went!
 |
| The beautiful Frio River |
Because we don't have a trailer hitch on the van yet, we had to load up the Saturn and the trailer with all of our stuff. Crazy how much stuff a family of five needs for two days of camping. It was quite hilarious to see the trailer and car packed to the brim. This was officially the last trip we will make in the Saturn as an entire family. With the addition of Benjamin, we no longer fit in the Saturn. We were packed in there like sardines, but it was good, cozy family time!
 |
| Is that not the funniest thing you have ever since?! |
 |
| Packed up and ready to go |
Saturday was a warm and beautiful day. We let the kids ride bikes around the campsite, play with new found friends, and just piddle until after lunch. Then we headed down the Frio River. The kids played in the river for about 4-5 hours while I kicked my feet up and relaxed in the shade of the big, beautiful trees. Gabe braved the frigid waters of the Frio to take the kids across the river to the rope swing. Isaac and Julia both couragously did the rope swing. I was impressed. After hours of playing in the river, Caleb fell asleep in the inflatable boat. Isaac gently took Caleb for a ride up and down the river while he slept. It was sweet.
 |
| Caleb sportin' Papa's hat |
 |
| Always being silly |
 |
| Relaxing at the river |
 |
| Don't let this picture fool you, he only got to kick back and read for about 5 minutes at a time. The kids kept us busy! |
 |
| Gabe teaching Julia to ride her bike without training wheels |
 |
| Riding bikes | |
 |
| Such a character! |
 |
| Me and my Caleb Boo |
 |
| Caleb riding his trike |
 |
| Can you tell from all of Caleb's pictures that he is quite an entertainer |
 |
| Isaac loves to tend the fire |
 |
| Isn't he handsome?! |
 |
| Julia and Isaac in the river |
 |
| Julia with her new found friend. They camped right across from us. |
 |
| Wee bit dramatic |
 |
| Playing with friends |
That night we headed back to our campsite for hot dogs and campfire cones for dessert. A cold front blew in that night as well. Brrrr! Caleb ended up in bed with Gabe and I just to keep warm. We spent Sunday morning snuggled around the campfire and kicking ourselves for not bringing hot chocolate mix.
 |
| Warming up by the fire |
 |
| Little chilly! |
 |
| Enjoying a pancake breakfast in the tent trying to keep warm |
It was such a fun weekend. I love my outdoor loving family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment