Friday, January 4, 2008

INTRODUCING........

OLIVER (Ollie for short!!)

Isn't he the cutest puppy you have ever seen?! Gabe brought our little Boston Terrier puppy home yesterday. We picked him out about a month ago, but he is just now big enough to come home. We had several names picked out(like Max, Buster, and Rex) before he arrived and we planned to let Isaac choose the final name. However, when we saw him none of those names seemed to fit. I commented pretty soon after I saw him that he has some green in his eyes and it made me think of the name Oliver. It stuck as you can see!

Gabe arrived home with Oliver while the kids were napping. We taped up clues all over the backyard and took the kids on a scavenger hunt with our new friend as the surprise at the end. The last clue said; "The goal of this search is not a prize,but a friend. If you want to meet him, go to the garage and peek in". It worked great. Isaac and Julia had no idea that there was a puppy waiting for them in the garage. Gabe opened the door to reveal our new puppy and Isaac in true form was a bit unsure and reserved. He wanted to know specifically where we got him and why he was there. Without those answers he was not going to go near that puppy. Once we assured him that he was in fact our puppy then he was delighted. Julia was as well. I think we heard maybe a hundred times or more, "Hi gog" (hi dog!)

Today my heart melted as I watched Isaac squeal with little boy delight as Oliver chased him in the backyard. Then a bit later I peeked outside to see Oliver nestled up to Isaac's back as he played in the sandbox. Ahhhhh heartwarming moments.... that was until Julia thought it would be funny to pour a bucket full of sand on top of poor Oliver. He took it well. I guess he is just going to have to get used to living with kids!!

Gabe is planning to post some video of the kids discovering their new friend. So be sure to check his blog for that.




2 comments:

Karen said...

I agree! That IS the cutest puppy and I am so happy for you guys...ESPECIALLY Cheryl, that you have finally been able to get a puppy! I like the name Oliver, fits him pretty good! Can't wait to meet him next weekend!

Angela said...

I am so happy for you guys and for Oliver! I look forward to hearing about the adventures of new puppy and the kids.