I am not the kind of Mom that falls to pieces when my kids get dirty. I enjoy watching my kids explore the world around them with wonderment. I laughed when in Arkansas after a long day of playing, Isaac's bath water would turn to mud as soon as he got in. That is why I didn't flip out when I found Isaac and Julia making their own mud puddle (or pond as Isaac called it!!) in the backyard. The kids have been playing in the sprinkler almost every afternoon. That is what they set out to do. When I went to check on them, Isaac had the sprinkler in the sandbox creating a flood of muddy sand. Julia was sitting right in the middle of it having a wonderful time. They had muddy sand EVERYWHERE!! What else could we do but laugh and enjoy the moment. When it was time to head inside, we just stripped the kids down and sprayed them off. The fun of the mud pit was well worth the effort it took to clean them up.
2 comments:
So much fun! I guess you were right, Julia is right in there with him, having a blast!
LOVED the "Pond" that Isaac made! And Julia was so funny...just sitting there enjoying!
Post a Comment