
Last week I was listening to
KLOVE online as I got some chores done around the house. Isaac was playing "pest detective" with a flashlight. He had all my cabinet doors open looking for those pesky critters, when suddenly he stopped and put down his flashlight. He became stone still as he listened to a commercial on
KLOVE about
Operation Christmas Child. His eyes widened when he heard the part about all the children that do not have toys to play with. He turned to me astonished and said, "Momma, did you hear that. There are children that don't have toys to play with" And with that he spun around, marched to his room with purpose, and came back holding a coloring book and some play dough. "This is what I want to give to those children" he said. Then he rummaged through all our old gift bags until he found one he liked. He prettied up his "gift" for the children. It is moments like these that I am in awe that God has so captured my little son's heart; that in some small way, Isaac put aside his selfish child behavior and thought of someone else's needs first. Wow! But even as I tell this story I am reminded of all the times he has chosen the broken and unused toys to give away because he "doesn't play with them anymore". Needless to say there is still work to be done in his heart!! (as is the case with all of us!!) If you haven't already, send a box full of goodies to
OCC and bless a child.
No comments:
Post a Comment