1. Way back in March we went on to Guadalupe River for a day of family canoeing. I wasn't sure Caleb could "hang" that long in such a confined space, but he did great and we all really enjoyed getting out and doing something together as a family. We stopped mid trip for a picnic and happened upon some cattle... or they happened upon us. Either way, there was a lot of stinky, mooing cows that joined us for our lunch. Caleb, being the animal lover that he is, was in hog heaven. After lunch we spent a long time just hanging out and skipping rocks across the river. It was a good day!
| We were taken up river in an old school bus. This was the first time the kids had ridden in one. They decided it is not what it is cracked up to be! Check that off our home school battle list! |
2. The kids finished out their year of AWANA at the end of April. Julia finished her last year of Cubbies. Sniff, sniff. And Isaac finished his second year of Sparks. They both did an excellent job learning their verses and being diligent to attend each week and put forth the effort to complete their books. I am one proud Mama!
3. It rained! And we enjoyed it! Enough said!
4. It has been blazing hot. Not unusual for South Texas. We have taken full advantage of the blazing heat to break out the sprinklers and wading pools. We are so ready for our neighborhood pool to open. I won't post the pics here, but during this little playtime outside, Caleb decided to pants himself. He thought he was so funny as he paraded his bare bottom around the backyard. About an hour later, after I had cleaned him up and had him all nice and cozy in his PJs, he escaped outside and got back into the wading pool..... in his PJs. Love that kid!
| He is every bit a 7 year old little boy! |
| Taking the car through the car wash |
| My sweet Julia |
5. Isaac loves to read! I know I have posted about this before, but I just can't stop myself. He is reading chapter books like nobody's business and is now in the process of writing his own. My homeschooling heart is happy! We have also been reading the Chronicles of Narnia. Actually we have been reading them on and off for a year now. We are on the Voyage of the Dawn Treader right now. I love the time I have with them!
6. Isaac has totally stepped up lately to help me out. He knows I haven't been feeling well, so he has done things like make breakfast, get Caleb out of bed, and he even has been changing diapers. He is such a great kid. And I do believe one of his love languages may be acts of service.
7. If Caleb ever goes MIA, you might find him here. He LOVES to get onto Isaac's bed. I caught him there the other day with his legs hanging over the edge, spinning the fan, and giggling with glee.
You might also find him here. If there is anything Caleb loves more than Isaac's bed, it is his dog Ollie. No one loves on Oliver they way Caleb does. Can you guess the theme of Caleb's next birthday party?!
That's all for now. I do have a post coming up about the Big Room Switch of 2011 and our recent trip down to the coast. Stay tuned, there is more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment