Saturday, August 4, 2012

Just Because

So yesterday I woke up, went into the kitchen to start breakfast, and was immediately shooed back to bed by my 8 year old son. He said he was making me a surprise with the help of my 6 year old daughter. So I obliged and crawled back under my comfy covers. A little while later I hear my 2 year old singing as loud as he could "Happy Birthday to You!" What? It isn't anyone's birthday today. I wondered and waited.

 

Few more minutes passed and in came my kids carrying a plate with an egg sandwich on it. In the sandwich was a number 4 candle and four smaller candles. They all came into my room singing, "Happy 4th baby to you..."(guess Caleb saw the candles and thought - birthday) What a delight!! They just wanted to celebrate our baby with me! I was overjoyed at their generosity and acts of loving kindness towards me. I sure am spoiled when it comes to having the BEST family in the world!


1 comment:

Karen said...

I love that!! So thoughtful of your kids to do for you!!