I sure have been having some ups and downs lately with this pregnancy.
Downs: The third trimester is coming at me with full force. For the last two weeks I have been struggling with extreme fatigue. I say extreme because it goes far beyond the regular sleepies and normal exhaustion that accompany pregnancy. This fatigue is deep down in every pore of my body to the point where I don't feel like I can move a muscle. This could be due to the fact that my blood work showed low iron which causes fatigue, headaches, and a number of other symptoms. (all of which I am struggling with) Or it could be due to the fact that I am nearing the end of this pregnancy but still trying to keep up with two little ones at the pace we are used to. Or... it is all of the above. Needless to say, I AM TIRED!
Ups: After a few days of the slumps of extreme fatigue, I have days of extreme energy. Bursting at the seams actually. So much so that I take full advantage of it and get as much done around here as possible. That, in turn, most likely causes me to wear myself out even more creating a vicious cycle. But I have a list a mile long of things to get done around here this summer, and somebody's got to do it!!
Regardless of how I am feeling, I am still very thankful for this chance to be pregnant. It is a true blessing no matter the ups and downs.
1 comment:
That feeling of being so grateful for being pregnant, no matter how badly things were going, was exactly how I felt with each pregnancy! What a gift from God!
Post a Comment