Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Night of AWANA


Wednesday was the first night of AWANA for this year. Julia is in Cubbies and Isaac is in Sparks. They have both been looking forward to this year of AWANA all summer long and were so excited last night when they left. When they got home Julia was beaming and Isaac was scouring.

Isaac doesn't do well with change and I guess his first night of Sparks didn't quite live up to his expectations. He came home absolutely upset saying that he didn't have any fun, he didn't like Sparks and he wanted to quit. Wow! Not quite the reaction I was expecting from him. I am not sure what went on in his classroom, but it is going to take some convincing to get him to go back and give it another try next week. Broke my heart to see him so upset.

Julia, on the other hand, LOVED Cubbies. Gabe is a Cubbie leader so he could fill me in on how she did. He said she was clingy at first but warmed up and had a blast. She was all smiles when they got home and she excitedly told me all the wonderful and fun things they did.

Hope next week goes better for Isaac. I will be praying for Isaac between now and then that God will soften his heart and help him see the blessings in his experiences.


No comments: