Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tomorrow is the BIG Day!!

Our baby boy had no intentions of arriving early, so tomorrow is the BIG day! Gabe and I will be up and out of here very early to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 am. Of course, I probably won't start labor until 8 am or so. My sister will be here tonight to stay with us for a few days. What a blessing to have Karen here to take care of the kids and then help out once we are home from the hospital. Outside of Gabe, she is my best friend. I love her dearly and feel at ease knowing she will be here for us.

I was up most of last night with pretty painful Braxton Hicks contractions. Painful enough to wake me up from sleep but not consistent enough to be real labor. Lots of lower back pain as well. I think the kids and I will stay close to home and take it easy today.Thinking piles of pillows and blankets, pjs, and movies are in order for today. I am excited, nervous, elated, and so much more all at once. My mind is racing with what tomorrow will bring. Nothing compares to the first time you see and hold your newborn child. If I am able to get to sleep at all tonight, I am sure I will dream of my sweet baby boy. My arms are waiting for him!

No comments: