Friday, September 18, 2009

Two Weeks


Caleb is two weeks old today. I took him in for his check up this morning and was shocked to find out that he has gained 14 ounces in the last 10 days. He now weighs 9 pounds and 9 ounces!! He has also grown an inch since birth. Woo Hoo - he is my "little" chunky monkey!!!

Caleb is still a very easy and content baby. He has been sleeping really well at night and I only have to get up with him once. That is huge to me considering the trials I went through in the past when Julia was an infant. He also does really well with soothing himself and falls asleep for naps on his own. He does this better when snuggly and swaddled - thank goodness for the Miracle Blanket!!! That swaddle blanket really came in handy with Julia as well. (thank you Angela for giving that to us as a gift when Julia was born.... I bet you had no idea how useful it really has been!!)

We have been able to get back to more of a normalcy around here. Amazing how normal things do feel after only two weeks. The adjustments of having Caleb join our family have been very easy. The kids act as if he has always been apart of our family. And he has. God intended him for us all along. He has completed our family and we are so incredibly blessed to have three healthy, beautiful, and happy children. All praise to our Creator!

I know it is a bit too early for a genuine smile, but this is as close as we can get right now. He has such a sweet face!


Playtime in his crib


1 comment:

Angela said...

What a handsome little guy you got there. So glad to hear that the Miracle Blanket is working for him also. Boy that blanket was a life saver for us. LOVE IT!