Saturday, February 12, 2011

Manna

On Thursday I was reading the story about manna to the kids during school. This is what they got to eat all day....


Our version of manna.... popcorn. Popcorn for breakfast, popcorn for lunch, and popcorn for dinner. We talked about how the Israelites ate manna for forty years. I wanted them to get a taste of what it was like to eat the same thing all day. Isaac's first reaction was an enthusiastic "YEAH" Julia being the logical one said, "I think I might get a tummy ache" Such a great example of how differently males and females think.

So the kids sat down to work on school with a pile of popcorn beside them. By 10 a.m. they were already complaining about having to eat popcorn all day. They both actually made it to dinner though, but I may have ruined them on popcorn for awhile. 

 



I can't take any credit for the popcorn/manna idea. I "thefted" it from a fellow home school mom.


1 comment: