Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yippee.....

Yesterday was my 31st birthday! What a great day it was. Gabe took half the day off and we spent the afternoon at McAllister Park. A bit too windy, but otherwise beautiful weather. We played, hiked just a bit, then took Oliver to a dog park. Hilarious to see little Oliver, by far the smallest dog, roughing it up with the "big guys". As we were washing dog grime off the kids and feeding them a quick dinner, we got a call to show our house in the next 30 minutes. You know the drill - PANIC! The kids were already in their PJs, so we just stayed at the house while it was being shown. As soon as they left, I was whisked away by some friends from the FUSION group for some ice cream. Little did I know, deception was running deep!Jenny and Sara made up some silly story to get me back to my house, and lo and behold the whole group was there waiting in the dark. They got me alright... I was surprised! Gabe has been planning a surprise party for weeks. As everyone jumped up and and yelled surprise, Julia (who I thought was in bed) popped up from the couch and yelled, "Yeah. Yippee"! Then Isaac came running to me with a big grin. He was in on it too!! We spent the rest of the evening eating yummy cake and playing games. At one point in the evening Gabe carried on a tradition that started back when we were in the Singles group... he read Dr. Suess' Happy Birthday To You. Gabe if you are reading this, which I am sure you are........ THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I love you 1st!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful day with your family and friends. What special memories!

Karen said...

Sounds like a really great birthday celebration and kudos to Gabe for pulling off the surprise!