Sunday, July 10, 2011

Isaac's Request

Isaac asked Gabe and I a few months ago if he could host a Bible study with his friends. Kind of blew us away that he would want to do this at such a young age. We immediately knew we would do what we could to support him. He has watched Gabe lead and teach Bible studies his whole life. I think part of his motivation is to be like his Papa. And if I am honest with myself, Isaac also has a hankerin' to be in charge. He is a first born!

The T2 Bible study group meets at our house on Tuesdays at 2. Including Isaac there are 4 boys between the ages of 7 and 11. Isaac has been reading in the book of John recently, so this was a logical place to start. With a little guidance, Isaac prepared some questions from the first 9 verses of John. On the day of the first study, he and his friends kind of got out of control. Isaac was struggling with wanting to lead them through the study and wanting to just be silly and show off. I tried to stay out of it and let Isaac lead, but had to step in a few times to calm the kids. At one point, Isaac got so frustrated that he left the group. I don't know how much actual Bible study was accomplished that day but Isaac did learn some valuable life lessons. They met again yesterday ,studying verses 10-15, and it was much of the same. There may not be a lot of actual Bible study going on during their meeting, but Isaac does get a lot from the preparation and prayer time beforehand.

I am so proud of Isaac. I know I am a bit biased, but Isaac is such a wonderful boy. He struggles sometimes, as we all do, but deep down he does want to follow God and glorify Him. I am so impressed with the boldness he has and his willingness to step up and lead. As Isaac has clearly demonstrated, we don't have to wait until we are "grown up" to serve God.  And that makes my heart sing!!!


Samuel, Peter, Isaac, and Dillon

Silly Boys!

How awesome is it seeing young boys gathered around a table with their Bibles open?!!

Popsicles in the Playhouse

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great job, Isaac! Excellent start on being a spiritual leader of a family and other men who come into your life as you get older!!! Like your parents, I am so very proud of you.