Friday, March 18, 2011

First Chapter Book


Isaac finished reading his very first chapter book, Hank the Cowdog: The Garbage Monster from Outer Space. As I have shared before, this was one of my reading goals for him this year. When we first started this book, I had to sit with him as he slowly read 2 pages at a time. By the end he was reading so well he could read a few chapters at a time. I am SO IMPRESSED with his improvement this year. Now I see him picking up everything to read. He loves to read magazines and has already started another chapter book on his own. I hope this love of reading continues.

Isaac added the "done"! He was very proud of himself.

1 comment:

Farrah and Keith said...

Way to go Isaac! I remember reading Hank books too ;) Hey, Cheryl, what is that book you are always referring to that teaches your kids to read? I looked through a few of your past posts but couldn't find it. I remember you talking about it several times and loving it though.