Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fun Week Day Five: CFA

I must have absolutely lost my mind. I ventured out with my three little munchkins to Chick-fil-A in the forum on a Friday, at lunchtime, the weekend before the public school year begins. GULP! I should have known what I was getting myself into when I had to park in the neighboring restaurant's parking lot because there weren't any spaces left at CFA. Nuts I tell ya!!

It was a free for all to say the least. Fun? I don't know how much fun I had, but the kids seemed to thrive in the absolute chaos that was Chick-fil-A today. Sadly there was a group of boys that kind of ganged up on Isaac by calling him names and being ugly to him. He handled it well, probably better than I would have. My Momma Hen feathers were a bit rustled as I fought the urge to tell off these little boys. No worries, I didn't do it but I did tell Isaac to keep his distance from them, which is hard when 20 kids are crammed into a 3 foot tunnel. Anyway...moving on. Caleb dared the insanity and my sweet little Julia followed right behind him to keep him safe. She is such a great big sister.

Besides the missing child and 911 call, I have had a fun week with my kids. I enjoy their company so much. Even though it is not always easy, I do constantly count my blessings in being able to stay home with them and home school them. What a joy!

Looking forward to our new school year beginning next week. By this point in the summer, I am always craving a little more structure and schedule to our days. I am weird like that.








No comments: